Do I need a referral to see a physiotherapist?
Do you offer remedial massage?
Can I use my private health insurance?
Are we registered under the National Disability Insurance Scheme?
What is your cancellation policy?
Who will provide my treatment?
How do we ensure patients know our costs?
Patients and their carers attending Penrith Physiotherapy Sports Centre are fully informed of the costs incurred to obtain treatment and care from our practitioners.
- Fees are displayed on our website and in the waiting rooms of the clinics.
- Administration staff are educated on the cost to receive treatment.
- Patients are informed of the cost by administration staff at the time of booking an appointment.
- Various payment options are available including EFTPOS, Credit card and in some cases direct billing to private funds and Medicare.
- Referers to the service are educated using flyers, bulletins and our website.
- When extra consumables or equipment is required for treatments, patients are informed by the treating practitioner. Open discussion is encouraged and payment plans and options are offered.
- Practitioners provide estimates of approximate total cost for recovery upon request from the patient.
- We only request information from you to be used in the interest of your health
- We will regularly update your records and correct where necessary
- Your information is kept safe and secure in locked cabinets that prevent unauthorized access.
- Some personal and clinical information in kept in electronic form. Our computer system is password and virus protected as well as firewalled.
- Any documents containing identifiable or personal health information are securely disposed of or filed after each patient contact.
- All practice members have access to your records. They have all signed confidentiality statements and have been educated on the importance of protecting your privacy. They understand that breaching confidentiality is a dismissible offence.
- Our computer system is backed up internally and regularly and the tapes are kept secure
- All archived files are destroyed. Computers have their memory erased and are physically destroyed
- Computer screens within the service are positioned to limit access to visitors in our practice
- Visitors to the service after hours do not have access to the filing cabinets or the computer system
- Your information may be used to generate letters to you or prompt contact with you in the interest of your health. You may nominate to withdraw from this service.
- Your information may be disclosed in a de-identifiable form to improve the quality of care or for research purposes. Where possible we will notify you of these projects
- If and when maintenance on our computer system is necessary we will ensure the security of your information. We will crypt or de-identify the information or, in the instance when this cannot be done, insist all people involved sign a confidentiality statement and are educated about confidentiality
- We respect your right to decide how your information is used or disclosed. At no point in time does this practice disclose patient information to overseas recipients. Information will not be given to a third party without your consent unless
- Disclosure is necessary because you are at risk of harm and you cannot give consent
- Your Practitioner is legally obliged to disclose information
- The information is necessary to obtain Medicare or health Fund rebates
- Disclosure is necessary for quality improvement in your health care
- There is an overriding public interest in the release of information
- Upon request from your referrer, another practitioner or Hospital in the interest of your health
- You may have access to the information contained in your health record. You may ask your practitioner about any aspect of this record. Your practitioner will provide you with an accurate and up to date summary should you require this. You may request a copy of your health record or make alterations to your record however; these must be submitted in writing for review and may incur a fee.
- All patients attending or contacting the practice will be asked to self identify using Name, Date of Birth and Address.